Saturday, March 12, 2011

Georgia Tech Wants Robots to Touch You



I have a friend who goes to Georgia Tech who told me to check out this video... and was reminded again to check it out when I was surfing the web. This is a program they're working on over there that involves the psychology of how people react to the presence of and interaction with a robot. The idea is especially with dealing with children, if no attempts are made to make the robot feel 'comforting' then it will be unable to provide proper health care.

I don't know about you guys, but AI is scary enough to me as it is... making it touch me softer won't make it any less scary in my opinion.

In before Skynet.

Also, yes that is an XBox 360 Kinect that the robot is using to 'see' people.

10 comments:

-inastateofblue said...

Robots get more and more realistic every month, it's only a matter of time before they take over.. D:

Anonymous said...

I would never want a robot to touch me lol

Erika said...

The capabilities of technology today never cease to amaze me....

Followed.

Anonfourtwenty said...

This is an interesting concept.

Unknown said...

thats a trip

The Game Store Guy said...

Hmmm. Really interesting. I'd love to see the research data behind this.

fabio_2007 said...

very interesting

Ante Babaja said...

it would be pretty creepy

T. Banacek said...

I'd rather be touched by a robot than touched by an angel.

Tasty said...

Wow dude this is creepy as shit. Brave New World and THX-1138 combined.

Post a Comment