Friday, November 26, 2010

Car Insurance




Hey guys, I'm in the process of getting new car insurance.

Switching over my coverage from an American company to a Canadian. (I moved). Wow there is a BIG price difference. I was paying under 100 a month before... now I'm paying 200+ a month. Pretty big increase. However, the liability coverage is much better here (usually at $1 Mil) whereas in the states it's not nearly as high.

I had health insurance through my job in the states... but in Canada... oh yeah, I don't need to worry about that here! Haha, that is one pretty big plus.

I'm not really a huge fan of Insurance as I feel like it's generally overpriced for what you're getting. Insurance is just one of those things you have to pay and 99% of the time you won't need it, but that 1% of the time you need it, you REALLY need it.

Basically lottery odds, unless you're a really bad driver.

Interesting thought; instead of having insurance, imagine if you had spent all that money over the years on lottery tickets, then realize you could buy something like 400-800 lottery tickets a year. I don't want to think about that.

12 comments:

Evan said...

I feel the same way about insurance, It's a burden most of the time but once you have an accident or get hurt, your really glad it's there

ThatGuy said...

The state that I live in you can pay an uninsured motorist fee of $500 and drive without insurance and not get a ticket.

Beaker said...

Interesting thought, I prefer to have insurance, just in case, but it is a little over priced.

Prof said...

Im a decent driver... They should have driving tests to calculate your rates.

IQuotes said...

Interesting way to put it actually.
<3Canada

MarkoManager said...

I follow your blog...

Vapor said...

I've heard the lines to actually get the free health care up there are brutal.

chrischaos said...

canadian raaaaaaaaaaaaage

Come At Me Bro said...

Nice car!

Das Auto! said...

i live in canada too. the healthcare is awesome, except if u need like a major surgery because u might get put on a waiting list. as for car insurance, i have to go thru ICBC

erica said...

I live in a big city, so I don't need a car. Car insurance is just another reason why I'm glad I don't have to drive there.

Major.Mack said...

I'm in Canada too; ya great healthcare......... too bad our taxes are jacked up. You notice your diminished disposable net income compared to how much you make since moving here :)
Ya imagine.... if you could keep what you earn.

Post a Comment